Welcome to Teesdale Treasures!

Thursday 16 August 2012

New arrivals...

On the 7th of this month, we were lucky enough to extend our family by two new members. Please welcome Mr T (left) and Mr R (right):



They are about 5 months old. Their mother is a stray who has been living in a local composting site, and she is now pregnant again. The owners of the composting site have done a wondeful job caring for the mother and her kittens, and are getting prepared for the new litter - starting with finding homes for the first litter. Hopefully, now that they have gained the mother's trust, her new litter will be born inside, so that mother can be taken to the vet before she gets pregnant again.
The boys went to the vet today for their first injections and a general health check. Unfortunately, Mr T's temperature was a little bit high, so he couldn't have his injections... back we go tomorrow, in the hope that Mr T's temeperature is where it should be. As you can see, they are both flaked out by the experience of their first vet visit:



Mr R is still very shy. The vet said he tried to bite her when she examined his mouth... I tried to examine his mouth when we got home and he was fine! Maybe Mr R just doesn't like vets!

This week, I have sold a pair of the earrings I made... and made a custom Kindle cover:



I'm just finishing off an iPad cover, that one of my friends is going to test for me. I'll show you the finished project when Chrissy has received it.

Earlier in the month, we had the storm of the century here! Please remember that I live in England, so my "extreme" weather is probably very normal to those living in the USA for example!
The thunder and lightning we were treated to was like nothing I have heard or seen before... For a long time, I'm sure the storm was directly over our house... And the rain... WOW! The photo doesn't really do it justice, but we had a little river flowing outside of our house for most of the day... at least 4 or 5 inches deep at times:



Well, now to the really exciting part! I'm teaming up with a fellow Etsy seller for a give-away soon - I don't know what the prize will be yet, but this lady's work is beautiful (you're sure to want it!) and you really would be crazy not to enter, so make sure you keep tuning in!! I'll give you all the details for the Etsy shop too... Just in case you can't wait to find out if you have won!

Lesson learned: Friends hide in the most unexpected places!



No comments:

Post a Comment